unlimited lifetime access
BE INSPIRED and get creative as fun-loving artist Lyric Kinard guides you through the basics of beaded embellishment on cloth.
Make straight or curved solid lines, split or join them, or simply add one bead at a time. Cage a beautiful cabochon, or get silly with stacks, the perfect finish for your favorite funky flowers. Are you a quilter? Foil the quilt police and learn to bead from the top of a finished quilt with no knots or mess on the back.
- beads, needles, thread, and other stuff
- supply list and suppliers
- supports and processes
- patterns to play with
- getting your thread ready
- one bead at a time
- solid lines
- curved lines
- joins and splits
- bugle beads
- right angled beads
- bugle bead fans
- short stacks
- tall stacks
- stack variations
- scrumbles (and a helpful tip)
- setting the foundation
- circling the cage
- back to the back
- adding larger beads
- a second option
- glue.... yes, I said glue
Working from the Top
- why bead from the top of the quilt
- starts and stops
- adding beads
- the magic knot
- Bead container
- Seed beads, some smaller, some larger
- A cabochon or shankless button
- Beading thread
- A needle small enough to go through your smallest beads
- A quilted sample for practice
Order a kit or have the following ready:
- 1 tube of #11 Foxglove Cottage Straw Needles
- 1 bag of beautiful fiesta colored beads
- 1 bobbin of c-lon beading thread
- 1 beautiful handmade glass cabochon
- 2 6″ squares of fiesta colored hand dyed fabric
- 1 6″ square batting
- 1 6″ square fusible web
- 1 6″ square backing fabric
- Pattern sheet with flower options - available on signup
Kits are available
Frequently Asked Questions
How much interaction is there from the teacher?
If you can't find the answer to your question in the comment section post your query. Lyric will answer within a few days.
What are the lessons like?
Lessons include short videos, written instructions and supply lists.
How long do I have access to the course?
Once you've enrolled and paid, you'll have access to the course material for one year. So devour it all in one weekend or take things slow. It's your choice!
Will you include links to suppliers?
Absolutely yes! If you are an international (outside of the US) student and have bead supplier links to share, please do!
What do I need to know about using a computer?
You'll need to photograph or scan your assignments and save them as a jpeg. You can upload your pictures from your computer or devise to the online lesson.
What is your refund policy?
Since all of the content is immediately available on payment, this class is not refundable. I do want you to be happy though so send me an email and let's talk. firstname.lastname@example.org