Come spend some delightful time playing with foil and photo transfer as you create little winged friends, ready to turn into lovely postcards or mini art quilts. Learn two easy techniques for transferring photocopies onto cloth and please your inner magpie with easy to apply, shiny, permanent, metallic foil. Learning a little about Thermofax screen printing is an added bonus that I’m sure you will fall in love with.
I loved this class so much. I had a great time breaking out the stencils I’ve stored away and trying the grey glue and foiling on them. They worked. All of the tips and guidance are so helpful. I’m sure I’ll be making some more fun stuff with what I've learned here.— Jill Moreaux
- 1/2 yard Tight weave, smooth white fabric (washed without fabric softener, ironed) These are for practice and tests. Most will be cut or torn into US letter sized pieces.
- Fabric and Paper scissors
- Iron and ironing surface
- Baking Parchment or Silicone press sheet to protect ironing surface and iron from fusible web
- Masking tape
- Metal spoon
- Hard smooth surface (cookie sheets work well and this technique does not damage the sheet or use a piece of glass from a picture frame with the edges taped for safety)
- cotton balls
- FQ or several letter-page sized pieces of hand dyed or solid-ish fabric
- Plastic bin to hold water or nearby sink - used for rinsing thermofax screens after printing
- Piece of craft felt to use as a printing surface
- Gloves to protect hands from solvent (optional but recommended)
- Kit or materials listed below:
- Transfer Art Paper
- Laser Printed images
- Foil, Foil Glue
- Thermofax Wing Screen and card for squeegee
- Squeegee card
If you want to have fun and play and put several more arrows in your quiver, Lyric's classes are made for you!— Dee Dee Hanson
Table of Contents
Frequently Asked Questions
How much interaction is there from the teacher?
Lyric will comment on each posted assignment. The more you post, the more you get out of the class. Make sure to read comments on other students work as well. There is as much to learn from each other as from the course work.
What are the lessons like?
Lessons include short videos, written instructions and supply lists.
How long do I have access to the course?
Once you've enrolled and paid, you'll have access to the course material for one year. So devour it all in one weekend or take things slow. It's your choice!
Is this class refundable?
Since all of the content is immediately available on payment, this class is not refundable. I do want you to be happy though so send me an email and let's talk. email@example.com
What do I need to know about using a computer?
If you wish, you can photograph or scan your assignments and save them as a jpeg. You can upload your pictures from your computer or devise to the online lesson.